Sunday, December 4, 2011

Intro

This blog details how I succeeded in losing weight and getting fitter and how I intend to maintain it.  My way isn't for everyone but I'm sharing how I did it and to let other 'mature' women know they can as well.

A typical yo-yo dieter, I decided at age 59 that I did not want to be unfit and fat at 60.  I wanted to get fit and healthy and stay that way.

I have lost 34 pounds and reached what is a healthy goal weight for me.  I intend to continue to build muscle and to tone.  The more muscle we have, the more efficiently we burn calories.  Weight bearing exercise builds bone density which is a concern at my age.  Working out is for life, not just for losing weight.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Annie, I did not realize you're 60! You look great! I know (from facebook) you've kept up your fitness routine, also. Way to go! It's a way of life...you're right about that. I'm not at my goal yet, but getting there.

    ReplyDelete